Shoulder Pain Treatment Melbourne
Shoulder pain has become extremely common over recent years as a result of frequent computer and smartphone usage and increased sedentary lifestyle.
Shoulder pain is often very complex. As a result, shoulder injuries can be more difficult to treat.
Your osteopath will work with you to determine the cause of your pain and decide on a course of treatment.
Common Shoulder injuries include:
- rotator cuff tears
- shoulder impingement (Subacromial bursitis) – when shoulder tendons are trapped and compressed during shoulder movements
- frozen shoulder (Adhesive Capsulitis) – when the shoulder capsule swells and stiffens, restricting mobility
- postural tension
- referred pain
Symptoms of shoulder pain may include:
- 'catching' sensation when raising the arm or reaching
- sharp pain when moving your arm
- weakness in your arm or grip
- throbbing and aching in shoulder whilst sleeping
- pain radiating down the arm
- neck and shoulder stiffness
Osteopaths may help your shoulder pain by:
- improving muscular flexibility in the shoulder area
- improving range of joint motion in the mid back, neck, shoulder blade and shoulder
- addressing postural strains and bad habits
- providing advice on maintaining flexibility and strength around the shoulder region
- providing exercises for stretching and rehabilitation