Treatment for Arthritis North Melbourne
Arthritis is common condition that can affect people of all ages. Arthritis affects the muscles, bones and joints and usually involves inflammation of one or more joints.
The symptoms of arthritis are pain and swelling in the joints and surrounding tissues. This is often accompanied by stiffness and decreased movement.
Osteopaths may help arthritis sufferers by:
- Working on the surrounding muscles to reduce stiffness and soreness.
- Improving lymphatic drainage to reduce swelling.
- Gently moving and stretching the arthritic joint to encourage better fluid movement.
- Providing advice on ways to reduce inflammation.
There are 4 common forms of arthritis:
- Osteoarthritis: caused by wear and tear on joints
- Rheumatoid arthritis: an autoimmune disease that causes pain and inflammation in joints
- Gout: caused by a build-up of uric acid in the bloodstream
- Ankylosing spondylitis: inflammation of the spine and pelvis